Bull Brand & Chilli Bean CasseroleServes: 4
Inspired by the popular Chilli Con Carne recipe, this spicy casserole is easy to prepare and only takes 30 minutes to cook. Perfect for the busy chef.
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 green pepper, finely chopped
- 30 ml (2 T) sunflower oil
- 10 – 15 ml (2 – 3 t) garlice, finely chopped
- 10 – 15 ml (2 – 3 t) red or green chillies, finely chopped
- 1 x 410 g can tomato and onion mix
- salt and pepper
- 1 x 410 g can baked beans in tomato sauce
- 1 x 300 g can Bull Brand Corned Meat, cut into small cubes
- 60 ml (¼ C) chopped parsley or coriander leaves
- Fry the onion and green pepper in oil until soft. Add the garlic, chillies and tomato mix. Season with salt and pepper, bring to a boil and cook, without a lid, until thick.
- Stir in the baked beans and Bull Brand Corned Meat and spoon into a casserole. Cover and bake in preheated oven at 190°C for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, stir in the herbs and serve with bread, rice, mashed potato or pap.