Cheesy Potato & Bull Brand BakeServes: 6 - 8
This delicious bake doubles up as a pocket-friendly main course and as a great meaty side dish at your next braai.
- 6 large potatoes
- 2 onions, sliced
- sunflower or olive oil
- 1 – 2 x 300 g cans Bull Brand Corned Meat, sliced
- 300 g mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- few thyme sprigs
- 250 ml (1 C) chicken stock
- Cook the potatoes in salted water until soft. In the meantime, fry the onions in a little oil until soft and golden.
- Line a 20-cm loose-bottomed cake tin with tinfoil.
- Then peel, thinly slice and layer the potatoes in the bottom of the tin. Add a layer of Bull Brand Corned Meat slices, sprinkle with some onions and thyme, and add a layer of cheese slices on top. Repeat the layers, finishing with a potato layer.
- Pour over the chicken stock and bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 40 – 60 minutes or until the potatoes are cooked through.
- Leave to cool in the pan for about 10 minutes before carefully releasing the bake onto a serving dish. Serve sliced with a salad.