This tasty and cold pasta salad recipe makes the perfect meal-in-one. It’s great as a weekend lunch or even as a side salad at a braai.
- 500 ml (2 C) cooked pasta
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 x 300 g can Bull Brand Corned Meat
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 250 ml (1 C) green pepper, finely diced
- 125 ml (½ C) onion, finely-chopped
- 325 ml (1½ C) cheddar cheese, cubed
- 125 ml (½ C) coarsely torn basil leaves
- 125 ml (½ C) sunflower or olive oil
- 65 ml (¼ C) tomato paste
- 15 ml (1 T) vinegar
- 45 ml (3 T) sugar
- Season the pasta with salt and pepper and place in a salad bowl. Cut the Bull Brand Corned Meat into small cubes, heat briefly then mix into the pasta with the tomatoes, green pepper, onion, cheese and basil.
- Whisk together the rest of the ingredients, add to the salad, mix lightly and serve with garlic bread or rolls.