Meaty Bull Brand Cheesecake1 large cheesecake
This delicious and impressive savoury cheesecake is a winner at every dinner. It takes less than 30 minutes to prepare, so you get more time to relax and catch up with friends.
- sunflower or olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 x 300 g can Bull Brand Corned Meat, shredded with a fork
- 1 bunch spinach, finely chopped
- 1 packet (200 g) savoury biscuits, crushed
- 100 g butter or margarine, melted
- 1 x 230 g smooth cottage cheese
- 250 ml (1 C) cream (or Amasi or buttermilk)
- 10 ml (2 t) prepared mustard
- 6 eggs, lightly whisked
- 100 g mature cheddar cheese, grated
- Heat some oil in a pan and fry the onion until soft and golden. Add the Bull Brand Corned Meat mixture, fry lightly then add the spinach. Stir briefly then remove the pan from heat.
- Mix the biscuit crumbs and butter together and press onto the bottom of a 23-cm spring form pan.
- Beat the rest of the ingredients together, add the corned meat mixture and mix well.
- Pour into the prepared crust. Bake in a preheated oven at 150°C for 1½ hours or until firm. Leave to cool in the tin, then remove and place on a serving platter.