Your family will love this large and hearty stew. So get ready, you’ll be happily cooking it again and again.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, coarsely grated
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- sunflower or olive oil
- 1 x 300 g can Bull Brand Corned Meat, cut into small cubes
- 1 x 410 g can of peas, drained
- 1 x 440 g can of pineapple pieces, drained, liquid reserved
- salt and pepper to taste
- about 45 ml (3 T) vinegar
- about 30 ml (2 T)
- sugar 5 – 10 ml (1 – 2 t)
- corn flour mixed with water to a paste
- a handful chopped coriander leaves
- 60 ml (¼ C) cake flour
- 25 g butter
- 180 ml (¾ C) chopped peanuts
- Fry the onion and carrot in a little oil until soft and golden. Add the garlic and stir-fry for a minute then add the can of Bull Brand Corned Meat, peas and pineapple pieces.
- Season the mixture with salt and pepper to taste then add the vinegar, sugar and half of the reserved pineapple juice. Stir in the corn flour paste and stir gently until the mixture slightly thickens. Add the chopped coriander and spoon into a greased oven-safe dish.
- Thoroughly mix the cake flour, butter and peanuts together and sprinkle over the meat mixture.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 20 minutes, or until the nutty topping is crisp and golden. Remove from the oven and serve with rice and a cucumber salad.