- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 – 3 chopped garlic cloves
- sunflower oil
- 1 x 300 g can Bull Brand Corned Meat, cut into small cubes
- 1 x 410 g can Mediterranean or plain tomato mix
- salt and pepper to taste
- 60 ml (4 T) butter or margarine
- 310 ml (1¼ C) plain cake flour
- 375 ml (1½ C) milk
- 5 ml (1 t) mustard powder
- pinch of salt
- 125 ml (½ C) cheddar cheese, grated
- Fry the onions and garlic in a little oil until soft and golden. Add the corned meat and stir-fry until lightly browned. Add the tomato mix and season to taste with salt and pepper. Lower the heat and simmer until it thickens a little, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt half the butter or margarine, stir in 60 ml (4 T) of the flour and mix until smooth. Add the milk slowly while stirring continuously until it boils and thickens. Season with mustard, salt and pepper and stir lightly into the meat mixture, then spoon into 4 – 6 greased ovenproof ramekins or a pie dish.
- Rub the remaining butter or margarine into the remaining flour, add the cheddar cheese and sprinkle over the meat mixture.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 °C for about 15 – 20 minutes or until the crumble topping is golden and crisp.
- Remove from the oven and serve with a salad.