- 1 Tbsp oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 Tbsp tomato sauce
- 1 sachet Bull Brand Beef Flavoured Seasoning or 1 beef stock cube
- 1 can Bull Brand Corned Beef – diced into small cubes
- 3/4 cup Boiling water
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
For the pap:
- 1/2 cup mielie meal
- 2 cup Boiling water
- 1 Vegetable stock cube
- 1 tsp salt
- Grated cheese for topping
- In a saucepan fry the onion in oil until soft and golden.
- Add the Corned Beef, the tomato sauce, water, thyme and the beef flavoured seasoning or beef stock cube.
- Stir in and reduce the liquid by half.
- Season with salt and pepper if needed.
- Place into an oven proof dish and set aside to cool.
For the cheesy pap:
- In a medium pot, bring the water and stock cube to the boil over high heat.
- Gradually pour in all of the ground maize. Bring to the boil, stirring constantly. Lower the heat to medium to thicken it, then simmer at a low heat until cooked.
- After approximately 5–10 minutes, it will start to come away from the sides of the pot. This is a sign it is ready.
- Take off the heat.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Top the Corned Beef mixture with the soft cheesy pap.
- Sprinkle over some grated cheese and bake in the oven for 10 minutes until golden and bubbly.
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cooking time: 35 minutes