Bull Brand Corned Meat Chakalaka If you're looking for a quick and easy meal that's packed with flavor, Bull Brand Corned Meat Chakalaka is the perfect recipe for you. This spicy and satisfying South African dish features diced corned meat, baked beans, and a mix of aromatic spices, making it a hearty and delicious meal option for any time of day.
- 3 tbsp. oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. Hinds mild and spicy curry powder
- 5 medium carrots, peeled and grated
- 1 can Rhodes Quality chopped and peeled tomatoes with garlic
- 1 can Rhodes Quality baked beans
- 1 tbsp. Hinds mixed herbs
- 1 can Bull Brand corned meat – diced into 2cm cubes
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the onions until soft and translucent.
- Add the Hinds curry powder and stir to combine.
- Add the carrots and stir to make sure they are well combined with the other ingredients and coated in the curry powder.
- Add the Rhodes Quality tomatoes with garlic and stir. Cook until the mixture is well combined and slightly thickened – 2 to 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add the Rhodes Quality baked beans, Hinds mixed herbs and the Bull Brand corned meat.
- Stir to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve hot or cold.