- 1 sheet of puff pastry
- 3 Tbsp Margarine, softened
- 80 g of flour, extra for dusting
- 1 ½ cups of milk
- ½ cup cheese, grated
- 1 can Bull Brand Corned Meat, cubed
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 potato, cooked cubes
- 1 egg, beaten
- Salt & pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- In a saucepan melt the butter and add the flour. Stir until well combined.
- Add the milk and let the mixture come to a simmer.
- Once the mixture is hot, start whisking until the sauce thickens. Adjust with a little more milk if needed.
- Add ½ cup grated cheese and stir until well combined. Remove from the heat, season with salt and pepper and allow to cool.
- In a bowl combine your Corned Meat cubes, chilli flakes, potatoes and the cheese sauce.
- Place your puff pastry on a floured work surface.
- Slice the pastry into 4 equal rectangles.
- Split your filling into 4 and spoon onto centre of one half of each rectangle. Brush around the edges with egg wash then fold over and push down with your fingers to secure. Using a fork, press down around the outside of each pasty. Place on a lightly sprayed oven tray and slice some steam holes in each pasty.
- Finally brush the top with egg wash and bake for 15 mins till golden brown.