- 1 Todays short crust pastry, defrosted
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 can Bull Brand Corned Meat, diced into 1cm cubes.
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, finely ground
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C.
- Roll out 1 sheet of short crust pastry on a lightly floured surface or in between two pieces of parchment paper, then transfer to the greased tart pan. Press the pastry dough into the pan with your fingers to mold it to the pan. Freeze for about 30 minutes
- While the pie crust is in the freezer, preheat a large frying pan over medium heat and add the diced onions and gently fry until soft.
- Add the diced Bull Brand corned Meat, stirring it often until the fat is rendered and the Bull Brand is crispy. Remove the Bull Brand with a slotted spoon to a separate dish.
- Place the pie dish which has been lined with baking beans or uncooked rice and blind bake into the oven for 10 to 20 minutes.
- In a large bowl whisk the eggs, and then add the milk, salt, pepper, paprika and nutmeg and whisk together for about a few minutes to incorporate a little bit of air into the mixture.
- Stir in the cheese and the Bull Brand and onion mixture.
- Pour the filling into the prebaked crust.
- Place the pie back into the oven and bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until the filling set.