Bull Brand Corned Meat Sweetcorn and Spinach Fritters If you're in the mood for a tasty and filling snack or appetizer, Bull Brand Corned Meat Sweetcorn and Spinach Fritters are a must-try recipe. With a perfect blend of savory corned meat, sweet creamed corn, and flavorful herbs and spices, these fritters are easy to make and packed with delicious goodness. Top them off with a zesty lemon mayo and fresh parsley garnish for an extra touch of flavor.
- 2 tbsp. oil
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 200 grams spinach, stalks removed, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp dried coriander
- 1 can Bull Brand Corned Meat, diced into 1cm cubes
- 1 can Rhodes Quality cream style sweetcorn
- 1 tbsp Hinds Mixed dried herbs
- 100 g maize meal
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Oil, for cooking fritters
- 4 tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- Lemon juice, a squeeze
- Lemon wedges
- Chopped parsley
- For the fritters: Heat the oil in a large pan and sauté the garlic and onion for 1 minute.
- Add the spinach, coriander and mixed herbs and cook for another minute.
- Add the Bull Brand corned meat and stir.
- Stir in the maize meal and sweetcorn and mix. Pour in 160 ml water, season with salt and pepper and stir to combine until the spinach is wilted and the maize meal and sweetcorn resemble chunky mashed potatoes. Cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Set aside until cool enough to handle.
- For the mayo topping: mix the mayonnaise, lemon zest and lemon juice together in a small bowl and set aside.
- Take a teaspoon of the fritter mix and shape into mini balls. Flatten slightly and firmly squeeze to make sure the fritters are compact so they don’t break when you fry them. Add the oil to a heated nonstick pan.
- Cook the fritters until golden, about 1 minute on each side.
- Place the fritters on a serving platter and place the mayo into a dipping bowl on the side.
- Serve with fresh lemon wedges and garnish with parsley.