- 500 ml (2 C) soft breadcrumbs
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- sunflower or olive oil
- 2 x 300 g cans Bull Brand Corned Meat, chopped finely
- 5 ml (1 t) dried sage or thyme
- 60 ml (¼ C) parsley, chopped
- few drops Tabasco sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 eggs, whisked
- about 80 ml (⅓ C) milk
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, shelled
- First prepare a 23 x 13 x 7 cm loaf pan: grease it well then dust it with some of the breadcrumbs.
- Fry the onion in a little oil until soft and golden. Cool, then stir in the Bull Brand Corned Meat and the rest of the breadcrumbs. Add the herbs, Tabasco sauce and salt and pepper to taste and mix. Whisk the eggs and about ⅔ of the milk together. Add to the meat mixture and mix well. You can add a little more milk if required.
- Spoon half of the meat mixture into the prepared pan, arrange the hard-boiled eggs on top and spoon over the rest of the meat mixture. Cover with tin foil and bake for about 45 – 60 minutes or until the loaf is cooked through and set.
- Remove from the oven and allow the loaf to cool in the pan before you turn it out onto a serving platter. Slice and serve with tomato salad.