- 3 slices bread, cut into small cubes
- 125 ml (½ C) milk
- 1 egg, large
- 2 x 300 g Bull Brand Corned Meat, chilli flavour, chopped finely
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, coarsely grated
- 15 ml (1 T) sunflower oil
- 15 ml (1 T) finely chopped garlic
- 2 large ripe tomatoes, cut into small cubes
- 50 g tomato paste
- 15 ml (1 T) Worcester sauce
- 10 ml (2 t) dried thyme or dried mixed herbs
- sugar, salt and pepper to taste
- 125 ml (½ C) tomato sauce
- 65 ml (¼ C) chutney
- pinch cayenne pepper
- 250 ml (1 C) grated cheese
- 65 ml (¼ C) finely chopped parsley
- Place the bread cubes in a mixing bowl. Whisk the milk and egg together and add to the bread. Mix lightly then add the beef and mix again. Set aside.
- Lightly fry the onion and carrot in the oil then add the garlic. Fry briefly then add the tomatoes, tomato paste, Worcester sauce and dried herbs. Season to taste with the sugar, salt, and pepper. Simmer for 5 minutes then add to the meat mixture and mix well.
- Spoon the mixture into 8 miniature loaf pans (or muffin pans or a large loaf pan) that have been sprayed with non-stick spray. Place the pans on a baking sheet and bake in a preheated oven at 190˚C for 30 minutes. Remove the loaves from the pans and arrange on a baking tray.
- Whisk the tomato sauce, chutney and cayenne pepper together and spoon over each meat loaf and bake for a further 15 minutes or so until baked through. Combine the cheese and parsley and sprinkle over each meat loaf and grill until the cheese has melted. Serve with mashed potatoes and a salad or vegetables of your choice.