- 1 x 300 g can Bull Brand Corned Meat, chopped finely
- 1 small onion, grated
- 45 ml (3 T) parsley, finely chopped
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 500 ml (2 C) cake flour
- 10 ml (2 t) baking powder
- 10 ml (2 t) barbecue spice
- 5 ml (1 t) mixed dried herbs
- 5 ml (1 t) table salt
- 180 ml (¾ C) water
- Place the Bull Brand Corned Meat in a bowl and mix in the onion and parsley. Add the eggs and mix well. Sift in the flour and baking powder, add the barbecue spice, dried herbs and salt and mix well.
- Make a well in the centre of the mixture and add the water slowly, mixing until just blended.
- Heat 3 cm of oil in a large, heavy-bottomed pan and fry heaped spoonsful of the mixture until golden, crisp and cooked through. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain well on kitchen towel. Serve with spicy tomato sauce or sweet-and-sour sauce, rice and stir-fried vegetables.