- 1 onion – diced
- 1 can Bull Brand corned meat with chili – cubed
- 1 tsp Bull Brand beef seasoning
- 1 can Rhodes Quality processed peas
- 1 whole tomato, chopped
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp instant dry yeast
- 4 tsp sugar
- 2 cups warm water
*Alternatively – use ready-made store bought white bread dough.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
- In a bowl, mix all the dry ingredients together.
- Add the warm water and knead until soft
- Place into a greased bowl, cover with Clingfilm and place into a warm area to double in size
- Once doubled, knock the dough down and then return it to the bowl and allow it to prove for a second time.
- Once proved, divide and roll into balls the size of golf balls.
- Set aside to use later.
- In a pot, using a bit of oil, fry the chopped onion
- Add the Bull Brand corned meat chili cubes, and cook until browned
- Season with Bull Brand beef seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Add the can of Rhodes Quality garden peas and tomato
- Allow simmering on low heat for 10 minutes.
- Place into an oven-proof dish and place the dumplings on top of the sauce.
- Cover with a lid and place into the oven for 20 minutes, until the dumplings have cooked through.