- 1 x 300 g can Bull Brand Corned Meat
- 1 x 230 g tub cream cheese
- 10 ml (2 t) mayonnaise
- 10 ml (2 t) prepared mustard
- 15 ml (1 T) chopped parsley
- 3 chives, finely chopped
- grated rind and juice of ½ a lemon
- 500 g self-raising flour
- 7.5 ml salt
- 90 ml (6 T) finely sliced spring onions (the green parts)
- 90 g cheddar cheese, cut into small dice
- 1 x 410 g Rhodes Quality Cream Style Sweetcorn
- 2 jumbo eggs, beaten
- 200ml buttermilk
- First make the spread by mashing the Bull Brand Corned Meat with a fork then adding the cream cheese, mayonnaise, mustard, parsley, chives and lemon rind and juice. Mix well and set in the fridge to chill for an hour or two.
- Now make the bread by sifting the flour and salt together in a large bowl. Add the spring onions and cheese and mix lightly.
- Whisk together the Rhodes Quality Cream Style Sweetcorn, eggs and buttermilk together and mix lightly into the dry ingredients but be careful not to overwork the dough.
- Place the dough into a large greased loaf pan and bake in a preheated oven at 180 ˚C for 75 minutes or until a skewer, when inserted, comes out clean and the bread sounds hollow when tapped.
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately with your spread.