- 2 potatoes, cut into small cubes
- salt to taste
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, grated
- sunflower oil
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- half a bunch of spinach, chopped
- 1 x 300 g can Bull Brand Corned Meat, cut into cubes
- 1 x 410 g can tomato and onion mix
- 50 g tomato paste
- 1 ml (¼ t) ground nutmeg
- pepper to taste
- 4 baby marrows, sliced
- 1 green or red pepper, diced
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- 125 ml (½ C) breadcrumbs
- 125 ml (½ C) cheddar cheese, grated
- Cook the potato cubes in lightly salted water until tender. Drain and set aside.
- Fry the onion and carrot in a little heated oil until soft. Add the garlic and spinach and stir-fry until the spinach is soft. Add the Bull Brand Corned Meat, tomato and onion mix and tomato paste, and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the nutmeg and season with salt and pepper to taste then spoon into a greased oven-safe dish.
- Heat a little oil in a pan and add the potato cubes, baby marrow and diced red or green pepper and fry until soft. Add the spring onion and fry briefly then spoon all the vegetables on top of the beef mixture.
- Combine the breadcrumbs and cheese and sprinkle over the vegetables.
- Place the dish in a preheated oven at 180°C and bake until the vegetable topping is crisp and slightly browned.