- 1 Tbsp cooking oil
- ½ an onion, sliced
- 1 Tbsp Garlic, crushed
- 1 can Bull Brand Chilli Corned Meat, cubed
- 1 Tbsp Pakco curry powder
- 1 Tbsp fruit chutney
- 1 slice of white bread
- 4 Tbsp of raisins
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ cup of milk
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- For the rice:
- 1 cup rice (uncooked), rinsed & drained
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2 cups of vegetable stock
- Preheat your oven to 180° C.
- Place a medium sized pot on a low heat, add your oil, onions and garlic.
- Allow this to fry for 5 minutes until softened.
- Add your Bull Brand Chilli Corned Meat cubes, chutney & curry powder.
- In a bowl add ½ cup of milk and the bread to soak. After 1-2 minutes, squeeze out the excess moisture from the bread and add the soften bread to the mince mixture, combine fully.
- Finally add your sultanas and ½ cup of water and simmer for ±10 minutes. Transfer this mixture to a heat proof oven dish and allow to cool.
- In a heavy bottomed pan place your rice, butter, turmeric, stock on a medium heat, cover and simmer until the rice has absorbed all of the stock. Turn the heat on and keep covered until served.
- In a separate bowl, whisk your eggs and remaining milk together.
- Pour your custard over the cooled corned meat mixture and bake for 15 mins until golden brown.
- Serve with the yellow rice.