- 2 potatoes, parboiled cubes
- 1 can Bull Brand Corned Meat
- 1 can Rhodes Quality Butter beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 onion, grated
- 1 Tbsp Garlic, crushed
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- 50 g flour
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- Sunflower oil for frying
- Dipping sauce of your choice (optional)
- In large bowl add all the ingredients, excluding the oil, and mix until well combined.
- The mixture should resemble a batter, it should hold but easily drop from a spoon.
- You can adjust slightly with either water or flour to reach the desired consistency, adding small quantities at a time.
- In a large pot fill 1/4 of the way with sunflower oil and place on a medium heat.
- Test the temperature of the oil with a small amount of batter to see if it starts to bubble softly.
- Once the oil is ready carefully scoop 2-3 batches of batter into oil with a serving spoon.
- Fry for 4 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towel.
- Serve by stacking the fritters on top of one another with preferred sauce on the side.