- 1 x 300 g can Bull Brand Corned Beef, cut into small cubes
- 60 ml (¼ C) seasoned flour
- 45 ml (3 T) sunflower oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 large potato, cut into small cubes
- 125 ml (½ C) prepared beef stock
- 30 ml (2 T) curry powder
- 45 ml (3 T) plain cake flour
- 250 ml (1 C) milk
- 1 x 410 g can sweet corn
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 250 ml (1 C) grated cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Sprinkle the Bull Brand Corned Meat with the seasoned flour, mix lightly then fry it in the oil until golden and crisp. Using a slotted spoon or spatula, remove the meat from the pan and place in a large mixing bowl. Cover and set aside until required.
- Add the onion, green pepper and potato pieces to the pan and fry on medium heat until lightly golden then add the stock. Reduce heat and simmer on low until the potato pieces are tender and the liquids have evaporated.
- Now add the curry powder and stir for a minute then add the flour. Stir until there are no lumps left, then add the milk a little at a time, stirring continuously until all the milk has been added and you have a thick sauce. Remove from the heat and add to the corned beef in the mixing bowl. Add the sweet corn, mix well and then whisk in the eggs. Add the cheese and seasoning and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into a buttered oven-safe pie dish and bake in a preheated oven at 180˚C for 45 minutes or until set and golden.
- Remove from oven and allow to rest for 20 minutes before slicing and serving with a tomato salad and bread.