- sunflower oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 x 300 g can Bull Brand Corned Meat, cut into small cubes
- 50 g tomato paste
- 500 g (1 packet) macaroni, cooked and drained
- 500 ml (2 C) cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 – 2 tomatoes, sliced (optional)
- 500 ml (2 C) milk
- 4 eggs, whisked
- salt and pepper
- tomato sauce to serve
- Heat some oil in a saucepan, add the onion and fry until soft and golden. Add the Bull Brand Corned Meat and tomato paste and fry for about 5 minutes until the meat has broken down.
- Place the cooked macaroni in a greased oven-proof dish, top with the corned meat mixture and add ¾ of the cheese. Mix lightly, smooth out the surface then top with the tomato slices (if using).
- Whisk the milk and eggs together and season to taste. Pour over the macaroni mixture and sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 °C for about 40 minutes or until the egg is set. Remove from the oven and serve with tomato sauce.