- 30 ml (2 T) sunflower oil
- 2 large onions, finely chopped
- 625 ml (2½ C) water
- 1 packet brown onion soup
- 45 ml (3 T) parsley, finely chopped
- 1 x 300 g can Bull Brand Corned Meat
- 60 ml (¼ C) spring onion, finely chopped
- 15 ml (1 T) dried mixed herbs
- 45 ml (3 T) mayonnaise
- 30 ml (2 T) chutney
- 15 ml (1 T) Worcester sauce
- 1 x 400 g roll puff pastry, defrosted
- 1 egg
- 15 ml (1 T) milk
- First prepare the gravy: heat the oil in a large frying pan and add the onions. Whisk the water and soup powder together and add to the onions, stirring well until the sauce cooks and thickens. Stir in the parsley, cover and keep warm.
- To prepare the sausage roll filling: chop the Bull Brand Corned Meat, transfer to a mixing bowl and then mash coarsely. Add the spring onion, dried herbs, mayonnaise, chutney and Worcester sauce and mix well.
- Unroll the pastry onto a board and spoon the meat mixture on to the long side of the pastry, near the edge. Roll the pastry up and make sure that the pastry edges overlap. With the seam facing down, slice the roll into portions as long as you wish and arrange them onto a baking sheet, leaving a 3 cm space around each piece.
- Whisk the egg and milk together and lightly brush the sausage rolls all over with the mixture. Lastly, using sharp scissors or a knife, make 2 or 3 small slits into the top of each sausage roll. Bake in a preheated oven at 200°C for 20 minutes or until the pastry is crisp and golden. Remove from the oven and serve warm with gravy of your choice